Pectin, which comes from the cell walls of plants, is used as a primary gelling agent in many james and preserves. Most jam makers go to grocery stores to purchase pectin in powder form, but it's much healthier to make it yourself. Check out this video to learn how to produce pectin from underripe green apples.
San Francisco-based Shakirah Simley, owner of Slow Jams, does not encourage the use of store-bought pectins. Make your own, she (lovingly) taunts.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades