Within a matter of weeks, the foodie holidays will impinge upon our dining room tables and wallets. Thanksgiving, quickly followed by Christmas, means lots and lots of savory meats like turkey, ham, and chicken.
While you could purchase pre-canned cranberry sauce and serve them alongisde these meats, homemade chutney is so much more flavorful. Check out this video to learn how to prepare a spiced apple chutney.
Taste, texture and aroma are the stars of Sherri Brooks Vinton's chutney. Made with juicy baking apples (Cortlands suggested), apple cider vinegar, dark brown sugar, onions, raisins, garlic, fresh ginger, mustard seeds, curry powder and allspice, the ingredients speak for themselves in this how2heroes video. Simmer 45 minutes and you'll have a delicious and fragrant relish to serve with your entrée, especially pork and turkey dishes. Or "put 'em up," as Sherri suggests and follow the HOW-TO instructions in the recipe to store the chutney for up to 1 year.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades